NEW RIDER COURSE
Never ridden before? Want to get your license? The New Rider Course will lead you through the steps to learn to ride a motorcycle and get you on the road. Successful completion earns the MSF BRC card and in most states a license waiver that gets you a motorcycle endorsement on your license at your state DMV.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle
- Classroom and range instruction from state & RidingAcademy certified coaches
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along withmaneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting riding obstacles
- Earn a Motorcycle Safety Course Completion Card,
which may exempt you from the riding portion of your
state license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance
WHAT TO WEAR
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves with leather palms and knuckles
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements
Need help finding the right gear for you? Schedule a gear fitting today.
YOUR JOURNEY IS JUST BEGINNING
You’re on your way to becoming a fully licensed rider. The open road is calling, and we can’t wait to help you answer the call. Check out our additional opportunities to learn and gain confidence and hear from our students about their experiences.