If you're ready to experience the unique thrill of riding your own motorcycle for the first time, there's no better place to learn than the Harley-Davidson® Riding Academy. Available only at Authorized H-D Dealerships.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you'll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which may (varies by state) exempt you from the riding portion of your license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
NEW RIDER COURSE F.A.Q
What will I need to register?
You'll need a valid automobile driver's license or learner's permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
Do I need any special gear?
1) A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
2) Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
3) Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
4) Full-fingered gloves
5) A helmet that meets DOT requirements
Select Your Skill: